Coronavirus COVID-19 – Useful Links to Government Advice
The Isle of Wight Council continues to carefully monitor the situation regarding the virus, alongside partners in Public Health England and the NHS and will keep us updated with relevant information if specific needs arise in relation to Island residents.
There are general principles your staff, volunteers and service users can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home, do not attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment.
Please see the following links to official sources of information which you can use to keep up to date. Please remember to recheck the advice periodically as we are all clearly dealing with a changing situation.
As a key source of information for the public use:
If you are asked to self-isolate:
For frequently asked questions for the public use:
For a useful overview of local and global situation, including updated daily case numbers see:
For information about countries and areas affected and specific advice (including maps) see:
For guidance for organisations providing services in social and community care settings see:
For general guidance for employers and businesses on providing advice to staff see:
Regular Updates from the BBC