01983 823898

If you’re on a low income, you may be entitled to some help towards paying your council tax. This is called a Council Tax Reduction (CTR).

If you’re awarded CTR, you won’t normally receive an actual payment. Instead, your award will be used to reduce the amount of council tax you have to pay.

Council Tax bills are due to be sent out soon and for those who may be experiencing financial difficulties please contact  Citizens Advice money advice unit on (01983) 823898 ext 2825.

Changes to Local Council Tax Support from April 2018 will affect  those working age claimants due to the maximum support being restricted to 70%, to set up instalments over twelve months please visit www.iwight.com/counciltax

To receive your Council Tax bills electronically please register at www.iwight.com/counciltax

If you are no longer the sole occupier of the household please ensure you advise the council tax department Council.tax@iow.gov.uk or by completing the review form accompanying bills sent in March

Don’t forget the Council has changed its bank account (as of February 2018) to Lloyds bank, Sort Code 30-80-12 Account No. 14867260 so when making payments using your own online banking please ensure the new details are used. 

Citizens Advice – Council Tax Reduction further information

AGE UK – Council Tax Support

IOWCC – Council Tax Discount

IOWCC – Local Council Tax Support – Entitlement