Finding your way round the education system can be difficult. Explore the options below to get the help and support you need.
- Getting a School Place – There are no priority/catchment areas for primary and secondary schools on the Island. Parents/guardians are encouraged to apply for the school nearest to their home address. For details of schools and how to apply, contact IW Council Schools & Learning
- Transport to school – A limited number of places are available on school buses (Vecti Blue). To apply, visit IW Council Schools & Learning. The majority of secondary students who do not walk, cycle or get lifts, use Southern Vectis buses to get to school.
- Music Tuition – The IW Music Centre Hub provides peripatetic music tuition both in school and outside school hours.
- SEND Support
- The IW Council’s Local Offer website has been designed to help parents and carers find the right support for children with special educational needs and disabilities. All families need extra support from time to time. Knowing what is available gives you more choice and more control over what support is right for your child.
- Parents Voice IW offers a wealth of information for parents with a child with SEND on the Island, including information about support groups, activities, helpful organisations.
- Home Education
- Information about Home education is available on the IW Council Schools & Learning page.
- The IW Learning Zone is a network of Home Educating Families across the Isle of Wight.